Here is this week’s newsletter with information about swimming and upcoming events.
The sun was shining and so were the St Matthew’s Year 5/6 team and supporters.
Another unbelievable day for our little school. VERY well done to the team who played with lots of energy, skill and determination.
And a big thank you to all our supporters today – our whanau/aiga were amazing and the Year 7s and 8s never stopped helping – even sharing their sour lollies!
What a day! Congratulations to the Year 7 and 8 team! You played a great day’s football and a hard fought final. Those of us that saw it will never forget the 20 plus minutes of golden goal extra time. It was almost too exciting to watch.
Thankyou to the Year 6 and 5 children who helped and supported today as well. Thank you to all supporters – we know you loved it!
This term we are starting to use Seesaw to share and communicate with families! It is our plan to make the children’s learning more visible. This is a major development in our teaching and learning at St Matthew’s.
Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. They are able to take pictures, video, record voice and comment to share their learning with family. Seesaw is private; you’ll only see posts created by your child. Seesaw gives parents a window into our classrooms and into your child’s learning process.
The teachers will also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. These posts are for all the class to view.
Please Sign Up Now
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/067-596-799
- Choose your child from the list
- Create your account
- Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
- All students at St Matthew’s will have their own Seesaw portfolio.
- Seesaw is $5 per student, per year. Please pay by the end of Term 2.
- Each child’s portfolio stays with them for the duration of their time at school.
- At any time, a child’s portfolio can be ‘exported’ to a PDF to save or print. The PDF has QR codes to watch any video content.
- Parents will only have access to their child’s journal. This means they will see items tagged with their child’s name and items the teacher tags with “Everyone”.
- Up to 10 family members can connect to one child, so please feel free to share your QR code or join link (both found on Seesaw letter sent home with your child during Week One, Term Two 2018) with family members.
- In Years 0 – 4, students will only be able to post items using school devices at school.
- In Years 5 – 8, students will be able to post items from any device, at home or school, through signing into Seesaw with their school Google account.
Most importantly please support your child – sure – encourage them – but we are all learners. There will be mistakes and approximations – please use Seesaw to have a conversation with your child – praise their efforts and ask them what their goals are!
We’d love to talk with you about your child’s learning!
Thank you for supporting your child’s learning!
Tom Sheehan Kate Blundell Rachel Cunliffe