This term we are starting to use Seesaw to share and communicate with families! It is our plan to make the children’s learning more visible. This is a major development in our teaching and learning at St Matthew’s.
Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. They are able to take pictures, video, record voice and comment to share their learning with family. Seesaw is private; you’ll only see posts created by your child. Seesaw gives parents a window into our classrooms and into your child’s learning process.
The teachers will also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. These posts are for all the class to view.
Please Sign Up Now
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/067-596-799
- Choose your child from the list
- Create your account
- Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
- All students at St Matthew’s will have their own Seesaw portfolio.
- Seesaw is $5 per student, per year. Please pay by the end of Term 2.
- Each child’s portfolio stays with them for the duration of their time at school.
- At any time, a child’s portfolio can be ‘exported’ to a PDF to save or print. The PDF has QR codes to watch any video content.
- Parents will only have access to their child’s journal. This means they will see items tagged with their child’s name and items the teacher tags with “Everyone”.
- Up to 10 family members can connect to one child, so please feel free to share your QR code or join link (both found on Seesaw letter sent home with your child during Week One, Term Two 2018) with family members.
- In Years 0 – 4, students will only be able to post items using school devices at school.
- In Years 5 – 8, students will be able to post items from any device, at home or school, through signing into Seesaw with their school Google account.
Most importantly please support your child – sure – encourage them – but we are all learners. There will be mistakes and approximations – please use Seesaw to have a conversation with your child – praise their efforts and ask them what their goals are!
We’d love to talk with you about your child’s learning!
Thank you for supporting your child’s learning!
Tom Sheehan Kate Blundell Rachel Cunliffe
Oh wow – what a day on Friday June 16th – we took part in the annual festival for Catholic Schools in our area this year help at Hato Paora College.
It was great to see everyone up performing and seeing all the practice come to a wonderfully exciting completion.
Thanks to all the Mums and Dads for your support and to Iva and Faiao for your leadership in preparing the children. Well done Ian on organising the music and introducing the item.
Lastly “Good job” to all the boys and girls – we are proud of you – very well done!
My recent post about the Year 7 and 8 children winning our local schools 7 aside soccer section of the Quad tourney has a sequel – (what a mouthful) – the Year 5 and 6 children went out and did the same on the Thursday tourney.
It was a true highlight seeing all the kids going so hard and enthusiastic all day – just great sport.
One of the most pleasing aspects of the day was the support the senior children supplied with Ian and Ethan coaching the team and the other 4 Year 8 children supporting.
CONGRATULATIONS ST MATTHEW’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL – this has never been done before by our school and it was just 21 kids from our class getting the job done! Outstanding!
An amazing week – thank you everyone and especially our wonderful supporters.
Huge congratulations to the Year 7 and 8 soccer team today for winning the Sth Rangitikei Schools Year 7 and 8 Soccer Tournament.
We take part in the tournament every year and it is the first time St Matthew’s has won the soccer tournament.
A huge thank you to Rae for coaching and our wonderful supporters who cheered us on all day!